Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tribute to my Friend


My mom called me with devasting news last PM. My friend Shauna (from high school) was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. She just had a double mastectomy. The crazy thing is I just saw her at our anual Christmas party. I want her to know how much I am praying for her & how much I love her. I just can't believe it. She has four beautiful girls and her youngest is just a few months older than David.

Shauna moved to Morgan when we were in junior high. From the moment we met, I knew I would always like her. In high school we were cheerleaders together and spent so much time laughing, talking and supporting each other. I don't even know what to say...I could not sleep last night. I've been tearing up all morning. Shauna was the Validictorian of our class. She went to BYU. She is a ROCK in all aspects of her life. I don't think I have ever heard her speak an unkind word about another person. She is always genuinely interested in what's going on in your life. Her husband Mark also went to school with us, and I hope he is okay.

Gosh...I'm so sick about this. I hope our Heavenly Father will grant her a miracle and heal her from her cancer. Her family needs her. He daughters need her. I need her in my life. Today I hate being thousands of miles away from home. I wish I could go to her house and do her laundry, cook her meals....anything to help.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. Shauna was my beehive leader! I'll pray for her too.

Heidi said...

Wow! That is so young too! Keep us posted on her progress. Hopefully they caught it in time. So hard to be away at times like these!