Friday, May 01, 2009

Lettisms & David's Attempt with Language

Lette has been saying some pretty good things lately. For historical purposes, I thought I would record them.

* 'last day' means yesterday. "Mom, last day I went to preschool."
* I came home from Walmart today with new PJs (princess of course) and she said, "Oh cool! oh cool! I can't believe it! I'm so excited!"
* I asked her if she wanted a new baby at our house (I'm starting to get a little baby hungry...) to which she replied, "No, I want a dog named Lucky!" I guess her answer solved that problem.
* Yesterday, we were out walking and she saw a dog, and told me, "He sure is sweet. When I get my big yard wiff a fence, my Lucky will be just like him!"

David mumbles and mumbles, but recently we have started to understand a few of his words. Here is a list of the most common ones;

* Yuck!
* Bip (for his pacifier)
* Dad
* Bye
* Sis (for lette)
* Don't
* Yeah or yes
* Choo, choo

He only says my name when he is in distress. Can't wait until it becomes more common.

David will be two in a week or so, where does the time go!

2 comments:

Shauntel B. said...

Hey Melanie,

I was thinking about you so I thought I would check out your blog since it is 11:15 p.m. your time and I can't call you. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. They are beautiful!! So will there be a 3rd??? We need to chat. Love you guys. Shauntel

Unknown said...

I want her to say, "Don't you be talkin' bout my mama like dat foo!"