Thursday, May 07, 2009

Villette's Sealing Aniversary

On May 5, 2006, Villette was sealed to us. I can't believe it's been 3 years since she became our forever girl. I wanted to note some special memories about that day, and tell Villette how much we love her! We are so thankful the Lord directed Heather to place her in our family. She has been such a wonderful daughter & our bright light.Villette's sealing day was so special for many reasons. First, it was a fulfilment of eight long years of prayers coming to an end. My heart went from being empty to being complete. The morning we were getting ready for the temple, I dressed her this sweet little dress. She looked so darling, and she even seemed to know something special was about to take place. When we arrived at the temple, President Benson's daughter was assigned to take care of Villette. Colleen (Heather's Mother) and I took Villette to this beautiful dressing room, where we dressed her in the sealing gown my mother made (Mike's mom bought the fabric). After we got her dressed, we left and waited for her to arrive in the sealing room. I remember crying the whole time. I just couldn't keep it together, and Colleen and I just held one another. It was so special having part of Heather there as if, Villette's birth family was giving their final consent to this eternal ceremony. When Villette arrived, she was smiling ear-to-ear, all dressed in white and was sitting comfortably in an old-fashioned stroller. The ceremony proceeded, and I couldn't have asked for it to be more spiritual than it was. All those years of empty arms seemed to disappear immediately. My dream-baby was finally part of our Eternal Family. It was such an extraordinary day!! After the sealing, we met up with Heather, and we headed to Morgan for a sealing celebration. It was nice for our extended family to meet Heather & Colleen. I believe Villette's sealing day was just how the Brethren imagined birth-families and adoptive families coming together to achieve an Eternal family. A week or so after her sealing, we headed back to Dallas for her baby blessing. Many of our friends who prayed for us and gave us support in many other ways were there. It was special to have them be apart of this special ordinance. I truly can't believe three years have gone bye so quickly. My love for Villette grows every day. I may not be a perfect mother, but my love for her is perfect. I hope Villette will always know how many people prayed for her to be a part of our family. How much she is loved by Mike and I, our family, as well as her birth-family. She truly was born out of my heart....

I had to include a couple more pictures. The bath tub picture was taken a few weeks before her sealing, and reminds of that time period. It continues to be one of my favorites! I took the other pictures on May the 5th (this week) to document her 3-year anniversary!! Just love this little girlie....



3 comments:

Arlie's Corner said...

I love all the pictures. Her sealing day stands out in my mind, and I remember the joy we felt. Oh, how I love her. She is so dear to all of us. It feels so great to be her MeMe! I am so thankful each day for her voice, and her love for all of us.

Hammy said...

It is amazing how fast the time goes. She is such a big girl now. And such a cutie.

Heidi said...

I loved this story...it made me cry. Thanks for sharing. She is such a beautiful little girl. I love her huge, brown eyes.